Welcome, visitor! [ Login | Sign Up ]
Isn't this free template worth at least $1?
Your support allows me to continue to provide free templates. Any donation is appreciated.

WordPress Theme Info

LightBreaker Theme

Click to enlarge

Here’s another great make money online WordPress theme. It’s actually my new favorite non-magazine theme which I use on several of my blogs. I honestly have increased my daily adsense earnings just by installing and configuring this theme. It’s very well written and all the adsense blocks are already setup. You just need to go into one includes file and change the adsense publishers id to yours.

The sidebar has a great spot for those popular 125 x 125 ads so you can sell ad space or put in your own affiliate ads. The default comes with six of my favorite affiliate program ads so feel free to change the affiliate ids to yours (or signup if you don’t have accounts for them yet).

There’s also a nice 468 x 60 header banner spot where you can place another adsense block or just a regular ad. I recommend using a regular ad since adsense can only appear three times per page.

Enhancements

I did change a couple items in this template as I felt it was better suited for everyone. The sidebar uses the cool idTabs feature (javascript that changes the tab once you click on it) for three tabs. I removed the “Most Commented” tab and replaced it with the the “Popular Posts” tab instead which uses the Popularity Contest plugin. There were also some spelling errors I corrected which were minor. I also added some onblur javascript so when you click on  the “subscribe via email” text it disappears instead of you having to erase the text in the box.

Other Areas

When you first install this theme you might experience a problem with the sidebar tabs (at least I did). The idTabs uses jquery and might conflict with one of your other plugins. For me, it was having trouble with the WP Lightbox plugin so I had to disable it before the idTabs would work properly. You’ll just need to disable any plugins that use jquery until you find the one it conflicts with.

The footer was also updated as well but feel free to move things around however you like. If you’re using widgets then you will appreciate the fact that the footer of this theme (4 columns) is actually widgetized, just drag and drop those widgets into place.

The author also states that it’s important to read the included “readme.txt” file because there’s lots of custom pieces to this theme.

Overall, this is a wonderfully built and designed WordPress theme by Moses. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a free make money online theme that’s ready to go.

Ready to super charge your blog? Check out our partners professional premium WordPress themes!

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to our eBlog Templates RSS feed. You can also subscribe by email and have new templates and articles sent directly to your inbox.

Trackbacks

1. ReviewABC Changed its Theme | Review Blog on April 18, 2008
  2. Top 10 Wordpress Themes | Blog-O-Ninja on July 27, 2008
  3. shafawi dot com - Lightbreaker is 100% up on August 5, 2008
  4. Gavriluţă Emanuel - Prima lună de blogging - un mic LMA acestui blog on August 15, 2008
  5. 10 Classic Wordpress themes for your blog | Blogger Talkz on August 27, 2008
  6. Colorida Vida - Blog de cara nova on January 15, 2009
  7. Jai Ho Adventures » Blog Archive » Top Best 18 WP free premium Wordpress templates on April 21, 2009
  8. 5 Excellent free Wordpress Themes | Radiusblogger.com on November 2, 2009
  9. 5 Excellent free Wordpress Themes on May 26, 2011
  10. Blog de cara nova | Colorida Vida on August 27, 2011

126 Responses to “LightBreaker”

doc on Mar 30, 2008, 2:04 am

Hi.. I have fun with this themes
but I would like to ask you, how to set up the “subscribe by email” does it done automatically, pr does it need a plugins, or what? Please help…
Thanks

doc on Mar 30, 2008, 8:12 am

Can I leave one more comment please…
I can’t combine this theme with Wp-Grins (a clickable smilies for commenter) by AlexKing
If I activate the WP-Grins, it will ruin the idtabs
Thanks

David on Mar 30, 2008, 8:40 am

Thanks for letting everyone know doc. There seem to be several plugins that use jquery that might cause problems with the idTabs in this theme.

Moses Francis on Apr 1, 2008, 10:39 am

Thanks for the review and comments, very much appreciated! :grin:

david on Apr 2, 2008, 10:36 pm

how do you remove the feedjit widget? also when i add my feedburner information to the RSS widget will it update the fedburner number at the top right of the page?

David on Apr 3, 2008, 7:32 am

David, you can remove the feedjit widget by going into the sidebar.php code and deleting that section. Just search for feedjit.com and you’ll find it. Regarding the rss number at the top, you actually need to delete that image (it’s just a placeholder) and then create a new chicklet within feedburner. Then copy that code into the spot where the image placeholder in your template was.

David on Apr 3, 2008, 8:51 pm

i downloaded the all-in-one adsense and ypm plugin for wordpress. now i noticed this theme has adsense already added in after each post. does the plugin overwrite the adsense at the end of the post or will i have to delete the adsense from the theme? if so, how? so for all the questions.

david on Apr 4, 2008, 10:41 pm

sorry for reposting but added a couple things (sorry for being a newbie)…i downloaded the all-in-one adsense and ypm plugin for wordpress. now i noticed this theme has adsense already added in after each post. does the plugin overwrite the adsense at the end of the post or will i have to delete the adsense from the theme? if so how? also, can i add my own logo to the header somehow?

David on Apr 7, 2008, 6:09 am

david, you need to edit the one adsense.php file and put in your adsense id. That will automatically update all the adsense code blocks. If you’re using all in one adsense, then you’ll need to rip out the existing adsense code and follow the instructions with all in one adsense.

This template isn’t setup to work well with that plugin out of the box so I’d just stick with the way it’s coded and just update the adsense id and you’ll be done.

Swamy on Apr 7, 2008, 8:18 am

amazing theme david. great work and i would love to use this theme

Swamy on Apr 7, 2008, 8:18 am

also, do you have a blogger version of this theme?

David on Apr 14, 2008, 7:14 am

No blogger version of this theme yet. I might be creating one next month depending on the outcome of our template contest. You should vote for it!

Jacob on May 11, 2008, 1:43 pm

I installed this beautiful theme.. than started hacking it up. Im running it on WordPress 2.5.1 everything was going ok.. but then when I choose to view by catergory or from the archive page.. the displaying pages will not show images.. and then spits out css code… does anyone know what the issues is here? its prolly my dumb a$$ fault but any help would be great :) thanks

David on May 11, 2008, 7:26 pm

@Jacob, I’m not sure. That’s new to me.

Jacob on May 11, 2008, 7:27 pm

oh i got it fixed :) thanks for the reply

Ganha on May 19, 2008, 6:57 pm

I really want this theme, but the link is broken and the author has his site suspended or something can someone please send it to me?
thanks in avans

zazo on Jun 1, 2008, 11:12 pm

I am really happy to see this theme and soon i am going to use it on my blog.

smanjolo on Jun 2, 2008, 3:46 am

This template really works well for me. I have gone places searching but the support is not like what I get here. More to come as I continue tweaking it.

Later

Sunganani on Jun 5, 2008, 11:58 pm

Where do I find the adsense.php file? I cannot seem to locate it in my cpanel
Thanks

Sunga on Jun 7, 2008, 12:53 am

I the comment feature is not activated on my site. I get the following message “sorry the comment area are closed”

Please help

Arya Dewa on Jun 8, 2008, 6:58 am

I’ve just use Lightbreaker Theme and customize Email Subscribe (Sidebar PHP)like this:

Find YOUR_ID and BLOG/SITE TITLE on your Feed Burner Account

Arya Dewa on Jun 8, 2008, 6:59 am

<div class="email-subscriptions">
<form action="http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverify" method="get">
<h5>Subscribe via email subscriptions</h5>
<p><input type="text" class="feedbox" value="Enter your email address here" name="email"/></p>
</p><input type="hidden" value="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~e?ffid=YOU_ID" name="url"/><input type="hidden" value="YOU TITLE BLOG/SITE" name="title"/><input type="hidden" name="loc" value="en_US"/>
<p><input name="email" type="submit" value="Submit" class="feed-submit"/></p>
</form>
</div>

Find YOUR_ID and BLOG/SITE TITLE on your Feed Burner Account

Matt on Jun 13, 2008, 6:04 am

Great theme, I love it :) But when i install or try to install the Popularity Contest plugin by alex king i get an fatel error and it refuses to install the plugin.

Aryadewa on Jun 13, 2008, 1:14 pm

Hello all,

Matt, you can download the Popularity Contest from my blog http://pesonafm.byethost13.com/download/
I hope you’ll enjoy it

Matt on Jun 13, 2008, 1:39 pm

Thank you very much :grin: its working now. Much appreciated! :mrgreen:

chetan on Jun 18, 2008, 5:11 am

David can you help me? :neutral:
I don’t know why all the other posts seem perfect but only the last two posts on my site are showing some error as the sidebar appears at the bottom of the post. However this is not the case for other posts.

chetan on Jun 19, 2008, 10:14 pm

David, please reply
The idtabs on my site are not working, well they all show at the same time.

khmercoders on Jun 22, 2008, 1:00 am

Thanks a lot for this wonderful theme. I have a question on How can I customize this template so it works well with this Post Number plug-in http://www.jenst.se/2008/03/29/wp-page-numbers?cp=1

I followed the instruction but it’s not correct with this theme (I’m sure I might be wroing ). I replaced the code

with

‘next_posts_link()’ and ‘previous_posts_link()’ inside the page paginate.php . It worked but the the Page Number appeared vertically not horizontally.

It should be horizontal. Can anyone help me pls ?

Thanks so much.

Any comment will be very appreciated.

Aryadewangga on Jun 22, 2008, 4:50 am

Hi all,

If you wanna use Page Navigation, it simply use: wp-pagenavi plugin”. Download it from my blog trhrough this link http://pesonafm.byethost13.com/download/

or direct download it:

Cheers

Tom on Jun 24, 2008, 5:58 pm

Thanks a lot for this great theme.
I have a question on tranlate it into chinese.When i tranlate the title “Recent Entries” etc. of sidebar in sidebar.php into chinese,it did’n't show right chinese.I don’t know where need to be edited to show right chinese .
Please help
Thanks

Tom on Jun 24, 2008, 8:53 pm

Have solved the problem, thanks.

Gabriel on Jun 28, 2008, 9:36 am

Hello everybody, i have several question regarding this theme;

1- how can i make the newsletter to work??
2- I have downloaded the popularity plugin but the readme says to expand it and i have no idea what’s he talking about

thanks in advance to those who can help me :) and if i have anyh more quesitons i’ll post it (sorry, its that i am a newbie on this still )

gabriel on Jun 28, 2008, 9:49 am

hey how can i remove the google adsense that appears below each post i make in the main page and also when you click on the title that takes you to the complete description i would like to remove it.

thanks!

Aryadewa on Jun 29, 2008, 12:56 pm

To make email subscription just replace with this code and put with You_Id feedburner

Aryadewa on Jun 29, 2008, 12:57 pm

Aryadewa on Jun 29, 2008, 1:03 pm

One of my favorite plugins is Alex King’s Popularity Contest. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work with the latest WordPress release 2.5, nor WordPress 2.5.1.

So you can get the modify plugin from:

David on Jun 30, 2008, 9:32 pm

It’s a great plugin but didn’t work for me either on 2.51. I’ll have to give that modified version a try. Thanks!

Tom on Jul 5, 2008, 7:24 pm

Hello:
Thanks for your great theme again。I am testing my new blog of this theme,i met two questions,pls help.
1 How to show title as :postname+blogname, not blogname+postname?
2 How to show comment content in “Recent Comment”,not post title?
Thanks

Andrew on Jul 11, 2008, 2:41 pm

Hey I downloaded this theme from your site instead of the authors because you modified it for what I wanted it to do. I am however running into some validation problems and I do not have any widgets yet except the ones already built into the theme. If you could fix the errors and make sure it validates I would appreciate it. Thanks

EmmaB on Jul 19, 2008, 12:41 am

I can’t seem to download the theme. I end up being redirected to the main page of this blog :(

EmmaB on Jul 19, 2008, 12:47 am

I tried downloading this theme but it just redirected me to the main page :(

EmmaB on Jul 19, 2008, 12:50 am

I finally got the theme to download by using Internet Explorer. My comments to this post also didnt show up when I used firefox but they were there when I used IE. Freaky lol :twisted:

Just in case anyone has the same problems :=

Thomas on Jul 19, 2008, 9:15 am

This version of Lightbox works also with idTabs because it’s based on jQuery:

shafawi on Aug 5, 2008, 7:46 pm

:mrgreen: thank you eblogtemplate. My LightBreaker is now up.

Keanwoo on Aug 31, 2008, 5:46 am

That a very beautiful templete, Thanks a lot for sharing. :smile:

wolfwood16 on Sep 4, 2008, 8:45 am

i have the same problem too, the sidebar and footer are not visible on IE7

updates?

wolfwood16 on Sep 4, 2008, 8:49 am

and great thing is that, all html codes are in View Source..

help???
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Qimindra on Sep 6, 2008, 11:40 am

that is veri beautiful theme. I have problem …I want to uninstall gravatar. How I can do?

Kuba on Sep 19, 2008, 9:58 am

Hi,
first of all thanks a lot for this very nice theme! I love it. I have just one question, if I create a subcategory (page that has a parent) it’s not showing up. But if I switch to a different theme it works. Is there any way how I can make it work?

Thanks a lot!

Johan on Sep 21, 2008, 6:41 am

@ Arya Dewa thanks for comment 22. This helped me to create the subscribe via email code. Now I need to resolve the RSS image at the top.

Johan on Sep 22, 2008, 10:23 am

Hi I think the download link gives the unchanged theme. For example it doesn’t show the most popular posts. I thought I had the original theme and download your changed theme a few times to check.

Johan on Sep 23, 2008, 7:11 am

Hi Me again. I like it when I don’t get a quick answer because then I tend to find a better solution. I changed most of the stuff I wanted and then used http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=9564&replies=6#post-57852
this idea because I could not get alex king’s popular contest plugin working.

paul on Sep 30, 2008, 3:11 am

Hi, I love this template but how could I change the font of title and add in a my own logo? appreciate your help. :smile:

paul on Sep 30, 2008, 3:13 am

hi johan,
same here, i could not get my alex king popular contest working as well.

JW on Oct 24, 2008, 7:27 am

Hi there,

Just wonder how come my blog right side column alignment run to bottom. I have been using this template for a while. But I just encountered this problem yesterday.

My blog – http://www.simpleespressocoffee.com
Anyone can help. Thanks

Debbie on Oct 24, 2008, 10:11 am

@Aryadewa:

Thankyou so much. I got the popularity contest plugin working through that wpguy site. Saved me a lot of time. Now I have to worry about the Top Commentators plugin and the other 99 problems I’m suffering from :neutral:

arya - moderatofm.com on Oct 25, 2008, 11:41 pm

Hi for all Lighbreaker Lover, Now I wanna do a little share about 2 most used plugin (By Default)on this theme:

1. Popularity Contest

2. Top Commentators

I use both of them and it’s work for this theme…

David on Nov 13, 2008, 1:58 pm

I am having trouble with something, and not knowing where to look, I don’t want to go through all the code to try and figure it out, so I thought you might be able to help me. From my fourth post and on down, everything is lower case and italicized – even the sidebar – any idea what this is from? Thank for your help – by the way – I donated! Just giving encouragement to others.

DStudioBali SEO on Nov 19, 2008, 3:55 am

amazing theme. I think I would use this themein one of my blog

Austin Texas Notary on Nov 28, 2008, 6:37 pm

Gorgeous template and so cheap too boot. :smile:

santz on Nov 30, 2008, 6:55 pm

need help please…
i used this template and it’s great. but i have 2 problem:
1. idtabs, when firstly open homepage, it displays all content of 3 tabs straightdown, but then after seconds loading, it goes normal. is it normal or something wrong?
2. i want children category to be indented, not left aligned as theme default. how can i do that? tried many times but failed.
thanks for all.

RicoW on Dec 12, 2008, 10:35 am

Im having the same isse David is having with my posts changing to lower case and italicized. Any ideas?

Sai on Dec 22, 2008, 2:48 pm

Hi,

i downloaded the theme, but when i click the category, i cannot see the images in the category page. Plzzz HELP!

Thanks.

sachin on Dec 23, 2008, 6:49 pm

I have put my adsense code in all php files but still I cant see adsense ads why?

Please Help Me I am Newbie

Valdivia on Jan 7, 2009, 8:05 am

Hi the side bar problem at the bottom, some solutions ?

Orjinal Delikanlı on Jan 14, 2009, 3:28 pm

En beğendiğim şablonlardan biri…

supermance on Jan 29, 2009, 1:18 am

thx for this !

Sunga on Feb 5, 2009, 1:15 am

How do I change the top 480×60 banner add?
Thanks

ergonomic-backpack on Feb 21, 2009, 10:18 am

Good theme for adsense in wordpress.

Jason on Apr 14, 2009, 12:46 pm

David,

Sorry for being a new wordpress user and asking this dumb question but the one adsense file you are reffering to is the adsense-config.php? All we have to do is copy over the single line that is in there and place our adsense code? Thanks in advance.

dedyp on May 18, 2009, 4:17 pm

Subcribe via email

Bindu on May 26, 2009, 5:16 pm

Mike Hersh on Jun 21, 2009, 6:06 am

Hi there,

I’m really happy with the theme. It’s really great for me. What I can’t figure out is why I see a grey background in every post I create. I don’t remember if was like this when I first got it.

Please try to help me.

Really appreciated. You can view my blog posts here:

imblogging dot com

Click on any post and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

harahap on Jul 3, 2009, 10:26 am

thnak’s for this template

Paulo on Jul 3, 2009, 2:41 pm

Hi,

Great theme and very easy to configure.

Thanks

Cindy on Jul 12, 2009, 1:55 am

thanks for the great template! I just wanted to know what scripts are there to cause the pop-ups? It’s quite annoying and I would like to turn it off because I get lots of complaints. I tried other “normal” sites (not with the heavy adsense integrated ones) templates and it went fine without the pop-ups.

somebody please reply me…

OutOfFlock on Jul 12, 2009, 9:39 pm

I’m writing my blog in Thai language and I can’t use your template.

This is the error
“We were unable to save your template
Please correct the error below, and submit your template again.
Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: Content is not allowed in prolog.”

What can be the problem? Is it related with using FireFox?

alousse on Jul 26, 2009, 11:32 am

Hi,

Great theme and very easy to configure.

Thanks

Lamborghini Fans on Sep 4, 2009, 9:33 pm

It’s really a great wordpress theme!I like it!
Thank you very much!

Liehbenn on Oct 8, 2009, 1:49 am

Great theme

Bang Ancis on Oct 18, 2009, 12:28 am

Thank you very much for this theme… I just Take it Now…

Pitoe on Oct 21, 2009, 10:13 am

I just finished maximizing this template! The plugins, the feed burner, etc. Feel free to get the detailed information here :

See you.

aminjohar on Nov 18, 2009, 8:54 pm

Waww! Free themes again.
I would like to test this theme. Finished download.

Thanks admin :-)

jimmy on Nov 20, 2009, 8:24 am

Hi! Need help on “Subscribe via email subscriptions”

I had followed above Arya’s scrip and made some modification as below:

Note: I Put in the actual ‘YOUR_ID’ and ‘BLOG/SITE TITLE’ inside my site (www.MettaBlog.co.cc)

However, when I enter a valid email address for testing purpose, the following error message appeared:

“The feed does not have subscriptions by email enabled”

Can advise?

Tks and Rgds.

Psd a Xhtml on Dec 20, 2009, 12:49 pm

it seems a useful them I have to probe it.

beny_hirmansyah on Dec 28, 2009, 4:31 am

This template is wonderful. I use it on my personal sites after doing some customization. Check it out at http://www.benyhirmansyah.com

duke on Jan 16, 2010, 5:00 am

thanks for the theme,
but how do i get rid of the advert in the header and insert my own advert? and how do i insert my own header image? you can look at my new site at http://www.youngandgreat.com
i need urgent help please…

Pitoe on Jan 16, 2010, 4:30 pm

Go to the header code, from your wordpress editor, and find then replace the code with yours.

duke on Jan 16, 2010, 7:58 pm

which code do i change….
i have uploaded a picture already in my folders, but which code do i use?
thanks again…

Maverick on Jan 17, 2010, 2:03 pm

This is maverick12210 From CricketFever.org, i power my blog using WordPress 2.9.1 & the lightbreaker theme, but since a couple of days i am seeing this problem on my website theme – On the bottom are 3 plugins which are running Top Commentators, Most Popular Post & Recently Updated Post but since a few days i see the footer of my page has turned white instead of the default – grey/black as per the theme & as a result the text at the bottom is getting hidden & all i can see is bullets and a white background.

Pitoe on Jan 17, 2010, 7:13 pm

Hello, duke. I would be pleased if you like to visit my site : http://pitoe.com/2009/10/wordpress-template-lightbreaker-creatively-maximized/ . I hope it can fix your problem.
Hello, Maverick. Mine is okay. Nothing wrong. And I see yours, you right. Have no idea on your problem.

duke on Jan 17, 2010, 11:37 pm

thanx pitoe, thats great!!! i have done some things but still failed on others!! there is still a smzll box remaining in my header and the whole navigation menu is distorted and shifted to the right!!! help!!!

duke on Jan 18, 2010, 12:28 am

actually, i have decided to reinstall the theme and start afresh… more tips please…

Pitoe on Jan 18, 2010, 6:20 am

Okay, hope I can fix yours.

duke on Jan 20, 2010, 10:21 pm

thanks alot pitoe…
i never knew i could blog without having to worry about the templates… you have made it smooth for me…thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOORAY on Mar 6, 2010, 3:50 am

HEY ISN’T THERE ANY SUPPORT FOR THIS THEME! I’M TOTALLY NOOBS ON WORDPRESS SO I NEED SOME SUPPORT. PLEASE SOMEONE PROVIDE ME.
THAANKS!

Thomas on Mar 6, 2010, 4:02 am

Donate 50$ and ask for support. :-)

yooray on Mar 7, 2010, 1:25 am

I would really like to donate eblogtemplates….if i would be having lots of bucks around me….I don’t have even to buy a domains and hosting account. Then how could i donate it!
But anyway…in the future if luck favors me…I would really like to donate it.
Thanks!

Thomas on Mar 7, 2010, 1:27 am

If you don’t have a domain you don’t need the Word Press theme… anyway, you can also browse smashingmagazine for WordPress freebies.

yooray on Mar 7, 2010, 1:32 am

fortunately i have my own domain for 1 year….
Yes, smashing mag is very good for freebies. I’ve checked it!
Anyway i asked for the support because i’m totally noobs on wordpress…….i just want a basic guide about theme, and how to manage it…which i thought i can get here……
Anyway it doesn’t matter.!!
it’s all like that!